JORGE BARRIENTOS: First-hand tragedies show need to stop drunken driving in Kern
Hundreds of Kern County residents will come together on Saturday at The Park at Riverwalk in Bakersfield with a message we seem to be repeating all too often this year: Stop drinking and driving. Bakersfield's first "Walk/Run Like MADD" -- taking place early Saturday and hosted by Mothers Against Drunk Driving -- comes at a critical time. Last year,...
- DAVID LOSA: Is it time for introspection in our district?
- SIMONE YOUNG: McCarthy should push for vote on Chinese human rights bill
- HARRY LOVE: In Kern, fixing climate change isn't a plan strictly for the birds
Our View: The editorial opinion of The Californian
Streets of Bakersfield haven't been very safe
Reckless speeding. Red-light running. Impaired and distracted driving. These are just a few issues that have been cause for concern on local roadways. They have been for quite some time. In 2014, deadly wrecks and horrendous collisions have felt tragically common, with 22 fatal accidents occurring on Bakersfield streets alone, according to the Bakersfield...
- Speak out: It's time to put an end to abuse
- A positive for preservation
- Car dealer goes the extra mile for vets