NEEL KASHKARI: Bullet train distracts from real solutions to state's comeback
In his annual State of the State address delivered last month, Gov. Jerry Brown heralded what he called "California's comeback." But the vast majority of Californians know better. They know that this "comeback" is anything but a reality for millions of families and communities across the...
- TERRI RICHMOND: With its leadership search over, the real work begins for KHSD
- GERALD CANTU & JIM WHEELER: On panhandling, let's not lose perspective -- or compassion
- ZACH GRIFFIN: Zero bike and pedestrian deaths by the year 2025? We can do it
Our View: The editorial opinion of The Californian
Is GET reversing its course after complaints?
The way Golden Empire Transit District officials have stubbornly clung to the system changes they put into effect more than a year ago, you would have thought metropolitan Bakersfield bus routes were cast in cement.
- Is crosswalk at the crux of city traffic issues?
- Quitting has become costly for taxpayers
- Don't be fooled by rain; drought isn't over yet