BRIK MCDILL: Reverse racism can show up even in most brilliant columnists
Two cautionary tales, both sad, both true. A true story within a true story. Both with important lessons we should learn, but only if our moment is teachable, which is not always the case. The facts of the first: A white cop repeatedly shoots a stopped black motorist because he reached back into his car then had an object in his hand that looked like it...
- SYLVIA ALAJAJI: The day I found out that my grandparents had survived a genocide
- B.J. MITCHELL: System helps libraries improve service -- and reduce costs
- COMMUNITY VOICES: Armenian genocide is a lesson we must all remember today
Our View: The editorial opinion of The Californian
OUR VIEW: Blaming others for drought ramps up
Carly Fiorina is running for president and she knows how to fix California -- blame the liberals. Well, there's certainly plenty of blame there, but this blame game mentality is not helping matters when it comes to California's drought. Californians have made it pretty clear that we like protecting the environment, but we also like having produce...
- OUR VIEW: Making the right call the first step
- McCarthy wise to attend march in Selma
- Privatization option merits close scrutiny