MARK POWELL: George just can't win, and Obama decides not to play on TV
George Harrison, arguably among the least-appreciated great rock ‘n’ roll artists of all time — thanks a lot, John and Paul — succumbs yet again. This time, to his homophonic namesake.
- KEN HILL: Revisionist history weakens our First Amendment protections
- AL SANDRINI: ‘New money’ is funding schools already should have been given
- ROBERT PRICE: My visit to a Denver marijuana store
Our View: The editorial opinion of The Californian
End the court fight and get responsible, LA
Kern County's attorneys are to be congratulated for their latest victory in their years-long defense of Measure E, the voter-approved ban on hauling Southern California sludge to Kern County and smearing it on local farmland. On a technicality, the California Supreme Court dealt a serious blow last week to southland sewage agencies' eight-year legal...
- Why it's time to grow up and ban fireworks
- Politics must not indefinitely stall reform
- Nurture the artistic intent of First Fridays