JEAN FULLER: Historic moment for Kern is also a proud moment for me
Bakersfield's own Kevin McCarthy is the first Californian to be elected majority leader in the United States House of Representatives. I was there when he was elected for a full term on Nov. 13, 2014. How proud I was for Kern County and the 23rd Congressional District. It means a lot to know that a public servant of his caliber is in a unique position to...
- KELLY BEARDEN: Shopping small: Treasures can be found in Kern's businesses
- MING CHEN: A bipartisan, human rights issue that Congress needs to address
- DANIEL HERTZ: When integration becomes gentrification
Our View: The editorial opinion of The Californian
Assessor race: Voters, just take your pick
Back in June, we endorsed Jon Lifquist for Kern County Assessor-Recorder. Now we're scratching our heads. We still like Lifquist's experience in the assessor's office and the continuity that his promotion would provide Kern County taxpayers. But so many peripheral issues have clouded his campaign against an inexperienced outsider -- the familiar and...
- Peterson best Secretary of State option
- Re-elect Vidak, Fuller to state Senate seats
- Vote Valadao, McCarthy for congressional seats