JOHN PRYOR: Twenty years after Northridge: Are we due for the 'big one'?
Most of us in Bakersfield don't remember where we were at 4:31 a.m. on Jan. 17, 1994. But virtually everyone in Southern California remembers clearly. The Northridge earthquake on that date is forever emblazoned in their memories. Why is this important to us in Kern County? This 6.7...
- ROBERT PRICE: If you mean it, put your name on it
- NEEL KASHKARI: Bullet train distracts from real solutions to state's comeback
- TERRI RICHMOND: With its leadership search over, the real work begins for KHSD
Our View: The editorial opinion of The Californian
Living by 'residency rule' when it's convenient
Three Republican lawmakers, including our own Andy Vidak, continue to demand the expulsion of Democrat Rod Wright from the state Senate, and they continue to express anger over the Democratic maneuvering that has thwarted their efforts. But, for good reason, you don't see many of their...
- Is GET reversing its course after complaints?
- Is crosswalk at the crux of city traffic issues?
- Quitting has become costly for taxpayers