KERRY McGILL: Anti-science ignorance has US headed in the wrong direction
A recent article in the Los Angeles Times reported an increase in the number of children not being vaccinated. As of September, 950 kindergartens in the LA area had a vaccination rate of less than 92%. At that level, experts say the school becomes vulnerable to epidemics of childhood diseases. All a parent has to do is claim a "personal belief" against...
- AUDREY CHAVEZ: Gays and lesbians are gifts; show them the love that God commands
- LOUIS MEDINA: The story of two grants has a happy ending for local youth
- JACK BALFANZ: Cash 'coma'? Why city housing costs are worth another look
Our View: The editorial opinion of The Californian
We have to have one, so re-elect Gavin Newsom
Before he became one, Gavin Newsom called for the elimination of the do-nothing, waste-of-money lieutenant governor's post. Although you don't hear Newsom pushing to eliminate the job he now holds, he was right. In these modern times, there is little need for a lieutenant governor to step in when the governor is out of state or out of reach. Oh, sure, the...
- Kamala Harris: Only practical choice for AG
- Prop. 48: Look long and hard, then reject
- Props. 1 and 2: Not perfect, but worth supporting