AVI WEISS: Auschwitz is a sacred place, not a spot for Catholic church
This week marks the 70th anniversary of the 1945 liberation of Auschwitz, the notorious death camp in Poland at which 1.1 million Jews were murdered during the Holocaust. With each passing year, fewer survivors remain. The time is not far off when there will be no living witnesses to share their part in this story, to say: Yes, this happened, and this is...
- BRIK MCDILL: We all have to dig deeper in our pockets during this fiscal crisis
- JOE MATHEWS: Desperate times, desperate elections
- WILLIAM BRATTON: Reconciling cops and civilians
Our View: The editorial opinion of The Californian
Saint Serra? The question is complicated
Father Junipero Serra's role in California's development has long occupied an important place in the state's collective consciousness. Starting in the fourth grade, California students are introduced to the famed Franciscan missionary, who built missions up and down the state. Many youngsters construct models of those missions for class projects as part of...
- Our View: Time to close the gap
- OUR VIEW: Time for Taft to address Bryan Oliver fallout
- Do HSR's foes have a better alternative? No