DAN THOMASSON: Congress is the most ailing of all American institutions
Congress is sick. In fact it may be the most ailing of all American institutions. If it were a corporation, it would have gone out of business by now and it's officers would all be in jail for a variety of infractions -- hubris, lack of ethics, taking money under false pretenses, outright fraud, or even worse, utter incompetence. Actually, those allegations...
- KERRY McGILL: 'Jobs for jihadists' shows the impractical side to fighting ISIS
- CHRISTINE FLOWERS: It's arrogance to brand adversaries as unpatriotic
- TONY MESSENGER: Before he took his life, he called me
Our View: The editorial opinion of The Californian
Saint Serra? The question is complicated
Father Junipero Serra's role in California's development has long occupied an important place in the state's collective consciousness. Starting in the fourth grade, California students are introduced to the famed Franciscan missionary, who built missions up and down the state. Many youngsters construct models of those missions for class projects as part of...
- Our View: Time to close the gap
- OUR VIEW: Time for Taft to address Bryan Oliver fallout
- Do HSR's foes have a better alternative? No