MILT YOUNGER & WAYNE McCLEAN: Fight greed: Vote yes on 46
Opponents of Proposition 46, who include powerful physician lobbyists and the insurance industry, would like you to believe that the initiative on the November ballot is some evil scheme devised by greedy trial lawyers. After all, who doesn't want to hate a lawyer? But voters must not let themselves be deceived. They should consider Prop. 46 in terms of...
- DAVID KERANEN: Homophobia is learned, homosexuality is not
- TIM STORMONT: Court has stolen 'marriage' from the people
- KERRY McGILL: Anti-science ignorance has US headed in the wrong direction
Our View: The editorial opinion of The Californian
Elect Parlier to fill Council's Ward 7 seat
An open seat on the Bakersfield City Council is rare indeed. Ward 7 Councilman Russell Johnson's decision to seek the Kern County assessor's post, rather than run for re-election, has triggered a three-way race for his open seat representing south Bakersfield. Chris Parlier, 52, Harmeet Dhindsa, 32, and Matthew Braman, 33, are vying to replace Johnson. They...
- Choose Rivera in Ward 1, Smith in Ward 4
- Re-elect Brown: The right man at the right time
- We have to have one, so re-elect Gavin Newsom