1 of 1
By The Bakersfield Californian
There's something special about sitting just 5 feet away when guys are hitting a tennis ball at 100 mph.
The spins. The speed. You have to be there in person to see it, Californian columnist Herb Benham says on this edition of "On His Rocker" from his porch.
- Local duo runs out of magic at Bakersfield Open
- Team of Pfister and Noel ready for tougher challenge
- 'First Look': 60-year-old tennis player talks about victory at Bakersfield Open
- SCOTT COX: Tournament a net gain for Bakersfield
- Locals Pfister, 60, Noel, 43, beat pair of 18-year-olds in first round of USTA event
The matches at the Bakersfield Open at the Bakersfield Racquet Club have been great for this tennis-loving town, Benham says.
So sit back and relax, click on the video below and hear what else Benham has to say. But then hurry up and get to the racquet club!