Breaking News Blog

Sunday, Feb 24 2013 12:10 PM

Kitchen fire displaces southeast family

By The Bakersfield Californian

A fire caused $20,000 damage to a house in southeast Bakersfield, according to the Kern County Fire Department.

At about 9:25 p.m. Saturday, fire fighters arrived at the scene and saw smoke coming out of the front door. Inside of the 1,200-square-foot home in the 1100 block of Fairfax Road, they saw it fully charged with smoke and that the origin of the fire was in the kitchen.

The stove and cabinets were fully engulfed in flames, the fire department said.

After the fire was quickly put out, fire fighters searched for occupants and saw that they'd all evacuated the home and weren't injured.

The fire fighters' work contained the flames to the kitchen, and saved $70,000 worth of the house, fire officials said. They said two adults and three children were displaced from the home.

The cause was determined to be a malfunctioning gas line to the stove.

Today's Daily Deal
from
Bakersfield.com
$24
Daily Deal Image
Nirvana Skin and Body
60 minute Hot Stone Massage for $24
  • Value
    $80
  • Savings
    $56
  • Bought
    1
Buy Now