By BREAKING NEWS BLOG
At 2:19 a.m. Friday, Bakersfield firefighters responded to a structure fire in the 500 block of Stephens Drive.
Heavy fire was showing from the attached garage of a single-story dwelling, with flames shooting through the roof. The blaze was brought under control in 15 minutes.
The cause of the fire was determined to be combustibles stored too close to a space heater. Damage is estimated at $60,000.
There were no injuries, and three occupants were able to get out safely.
- Bakersfield Fire Department