By The Bakersfield Californian
Kern County Fire Department crews knocked down a developing fire inside a Bright House Networks communication center in Lamont at around 8 a.m. Saturday morning.
The blaze reportedly resulted in a loss of service to some of the company's clients.
Firefighters responding to the blaze found light smoke and a smoldering fire in the attic of the building, according to incident reports.
The efforts of firefighters, and an automatic fire-suppression system that used inert gas, combined to protect the communications equipment in the building, the report stated.
Brighthouse workers were dispatched to restore service to the company's customers.