Breaking News Blog

Friday, Apr 19 2013 09:26 AM

Fire sparked by person smoking in bed

By THE BAKERSFIELD CALIFORNIAN

A fire was sparked in a Bakersfield home Friday morning after a person was smoking in bed, and a woman was taken to a hospital with moderate burns.

The Bakersfield Fire Department says it happened at 5:07 a.m. in the 1300 block of Harty Street. The first crews arrived to find moderate smoke coming from a single-story home, and two occupants in the front yard, according to a fire department news release.

Crews deployed hose lines to the interior, controlling the fire and keeping the damage to one bedroom.

The fire was under control in three minutes. Damage was estimated at $5,000.

Bakersfield.com Daily Deal!

Stylz MMA

Daily Deal

$20 of Merchandise for $10 from Stylz MMA

Value
$20
% Off
50%
You Save
$10
0 Bought
Buy Now! See more deals