By THE BAKERSFIELD CALIFORNIAN
An electrical problem sparked a small fire in a southwest Bakersfield townhouse on Wednesday morning, causing $15,000 in damage, said Bakersfield Fire Department Battalion Chief Ross Kelly.
At 2:46 a.m., firefighters were called to the scene on the 2600 block of Brookside Drive, off Gosford Road. A neighbor heard glass breaking, went outside, saw the fire and reported it to the department, Kelly said.
Firefighters arrived at the scene to find a small fire in the front room of a two-story townhouse. They were able to fully control it in five minutes, Kelly said.
The residents of the townhouse were not home at the time of the fire, Kelly said.
The cause of the fire was accidental. No injuries were reported.