1 of 1
By Autumn Parry / The Californian
By BREAKING NEWS BLOG
The local DUI attorney charged with murder in the shooting death of his wife is now being represented by attorney H.A. Sala.
Sala took over as attorney for Mark Joseph Madrigali during a hearing Tuesday in which the charges against Madrigali were amended from attempted murder to murder. Madrigali had previously been represented by Mark Anthony Raimondo.
- Motion amended charging local attorney with murder
- Prosecutors to seek first-degree murder charge against attorney
- Death of woman allegedly shot by attorney husband ruled a homicide
- Wife allegedly shot by local attorney dies
- Bail reduced for attorney accused of shooting wife
- Reports detail scene where attorney is accused of shooting wife
- Document: Local attorney called wife's shooting 'an accident'
- Attorney pleads not guilty to attempted murder of wife
- Local attorney arrested in shooting of his wife
A bail hearing is scheduled for Friday. He's currently being held on $1.525 million bail.
Madrigali, 57, is accused of shooting Trivia Madrigali at 3:45 a.m. June 12 at their northeast Bakersfield residence. Redacted police reports filed in court say Madrigali told officers he accidentally shot his wife.
Trivia Madrigali died July 10, and the coroner's office said her death was a result of complications from the gunshot wound.
- The Californian