Breaking News Blog

Thursday, Jul 04 2013 12:16 PM

Grease fire closes Cope's Knotty Pine Cafe for "a few minutes"

By The Bakersfield Californian

Kern County firefighters responded early Thursday to reports of a kitchen fire at Cope's Knotty Pine Cafe, 1530 Norris Road. The blaze, a grease fire, was reported shortly before 6:30 a.m.

Flames were contained to the stove, and there were no injuries, a spokeswoman for Kern County Fire Department said Thursday, although customers temporarily were evacuated.

The cafe was able to reopen for business later Thursday morning.

"Just a grease fire. I think they had it taken care of before the fire department got here," said Cope's Server Robin Ward, as she served customers shortly before 12 p.m. Thursday. "I think they had to not open for a few minutes."

There were no estimates of damages or loss available Thursday.

-- The Californian

Today's Daily Deal
from
Bakersfield.com
$10
Daily Deal Image
McMurphy's Irish Sports Bar
Two $10 vouchers for $10 from McMurphy's Irish Sports Bar ($20 value)
  • Value
    $20
  • Savings
    $10
  • Bought
    4
Buy Now