Breaking News Blog

Wednesday, Jul 03 2013 04:22 PM

Fire caused by juvenile handling cigarette lighter

By BREAKING NEWS BLOG

At 10:16 a.m. Wednesday, Bakersfield firefighters responded to a structure fire in the 7200 block of Durango Way in southwest Bakersfield.

The fire was brought under control in 16 minutes and there were no injuries. Damage is estimated at $35,000 to a garage and house.

The cause was a juvenile handling a cigarette lighter.

- Bakersfield Fire Department

Bakersfield.com Daily Deal!

Indian Point Ostrich Ranch

Daily Deal

Four Person Tour Plus Two Ostrich Feedings at Indian Point Ostrich Ranch

Value
$20
% Off
50%
You Save
$10
25 Bought
Buy Now! See more deals