Breaking News Blog

Friday, Dec 14 2012 04:48 PM

Unattended cooking cause of fire on Appletree Lane

By BREAKING NEWS BLOG

At 5:44 a.m. Friday, Bakersfield firefighters responded to a structure fire in the 5200 block of Appletree Lane.

Smoke was showing from the front door and attic area of a single-story residence. The fire was brought under control in 11 minutes.

Two adults and two children were escape safely. A smoke detector was found, but it didn't have a battery in it.

The cause of the fire was unattended cooking.

Damage is estimated at $40,000. There were no injuries.

- Bakersfield Fire Department

Bakersfield.com Daily Deal!

Mauricio's Grill and Cantina

Daily Deal

$20 for Two Vouchers, Each Good for $20 Worth of Mexican Cuisine at Mauricio's Grill and Cantina ($40 Total Value)

Value
$40
% Off
50%
You Save
$20
0 Bought
Buy Now! See more deals