1 of 1
By THE BAKERSFIELD CALIFORNIAN
If you listened to the show on Monday morning, you know that Scott Cox doesn't care much for Instagram. And then if you listened on Tuesday, you know we showed him how great photos edited in Instagram can look.
Alas, he isn't quite a believer. Yet. So step it up people, we have a contest for you!
The rules and details are all below, but the basics are to send us your before AND after Instagram photos. That's the original photo and the finished version after it has been cropped and edited in Instagram.
We'll show all the entries online at Bakersfield.com during the show and here on this page, then Scott and Newsman Extraordinaire Jeff Lemucchi will choose their favorites.
• Grand Prize winner gets a $50 gift card to Imbibe Wine & Spirits
• Second place gets $25 to Pappy's BBQ
• For any other noteworthy photos, we have the first-ever batch of First Look coffee mugs to hand out
Of course, the real prize is getting Scott to eat his words about Instagram. Yes, we're throwing down the gauntlet!
To enter, submit the following information via email:
1. Original photo and edited photo — Photos MUST be submitted as attachments, links to Instagram will not be accepted.
2. Full name
3. City of residence
4. Instagram user ID
5. Photo information (who or what is in the photo, where it was taken, when it was taken)
6. Email all of the above information to me at email@example.com with "Instagram contest" in the subject line. If you also post your entries on Instagram, tag them with #FirstLookWithScottCox and #BCali
All entries must be received by 10 a.m. Tuesday, April 2, 2013. Winners will be announced on First Look on Friday, April 5, 2013.
Contest open only to Kern County residents. Incomplete entries will not be considered. Complete entries will be shown on First Look and posted online.
So get to it! Looking forward to seeing your fabulous photos!
P.S. Here's Scott's take on Instagram from Tuesday:
First Look with Scott Cox airs 7-10 a.m. weekdays on Bakersfield.com and NewsTalk 1180 AM KERN radio. Call in: 842-KERN