1 of 1
By AP Photo/Rogelio V. Solis
By THE BAKERSFIELD CALIFORNIAN
The Kern County Public Health Services Department will offer $9 flu shots at vaccination clinics on a first-come, first-serve basis this fall.
In a news release, Dr. Claudia Jonah, Kern County health officer, encouraged everyone age six months and older to get a flu shot. High-risk groups targeted for the vaccine include children, people 65 and older, pregnant women and people with a chronic health condition that weakens the immune system, such as asthma, cancer or HIV.
Clinics will be held as follows:
- Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Public Health Services Department, 1800 Mount Vernon Ave.
- Oct. 15, 22 and 29 from 10 a.m. to noon at the Public Health Office, 7050 Lake Isabella Blvd. Suite 151, Lake Isabella.
- Oct. 16 and 23 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Public Health Office, 455 Lexington St., Delano.
- Oct. 16 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at Pine Mountain Club, 2524 Beechwood Way, Pine Mountain.
- Oct. 19 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Healthy Harvest Fair, 5357 Truxtun Ave., Bakersfield.
- Oct. 20 from 7:30 a.m. to noon at the Hosking Avenue Swap Meet, 1000 E. Hosking Ave., Bakersfield.
- Oct. 21 from 9 a.m. and 11 a.m., 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Public Health Office, 250 W. Ridgecrest Blvd., Ridgecrest.
- Oct. 23 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Public Health Office, 12014 Main St., Lamont.
- Oct. 28 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Public Health Office, 1775 Highway 58, Mojave.
- Oct. 30 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Public Health Office, 204 S. Hill St., Arvin.
In Shafter, call 746-7562 for an appointment at the Public Health Office, 329 Central Valley Highway.
In Taft, call 763-8591 for an appointment at the Public Health Office, 315 North Lincoln St.
In Wasco, call 758-3006 for an appointment at the Public Health Office, 810 8th St.
People who cannot stand in lines due to physical limitations can call 321-3000 for an appointment.